Wednesday 9 April 2014

Chocolate Fudge Brownies Recipe

Hi Guys,

The other day it was not only my 25th birthday, but on the 6th April my darling Mike turned 26, and it was my chance to bake and fatten up his work colleagues. I did make some Marshmallow muffins and Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies (what the recipes, just ask) but I also made these little guys, which I think http://theicingonourcake.blogspot.co.uk/ would love!



Ingredients


          85g Butter, plus extra for greasing,
200g Low-fat Cream Cheese,
1tsp Vanilla Essence,
225g Caster Sugar,
2 Eggs,
3 tbsp Cocoa Powder,
100g Self-raising Flour,
50g Pecan Nuts (chopped) I replaced this with Marshmallow due to Mike not liking nuts!

Fudge Icing

4tbsp Butter,
1tbsp Milk,
75g Icing Sugar,
2tbsp Cocoa Powder,
Pecan Nuts ( again I used Marshmallow)

Method

Preheat the oven to 180 C/ Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease and line your tray!


Beat together the Cream Cheese, Vanilla Essence and 5 teaspoons of Caster Sugar until smooth. Set Aside

Beat the Eggs and remaining Caster Sugar together until light and fluffy.


I brought Eggs from the local produce store across the road from work, the shells were blue which scared me a little. I loved the richness of the yolks!

 Place the Butter and Cocoa Powder in a small pan and heat gently, stirring until the Butter melts and the mixture combines.

I have to admit it smelt so good I could have eaten this! I almost ate butter!
 Then stir into the Egg mixture, fold in the Flour and Marshmallows.


Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan and smooth on top. 





Carefully spread the Cheese mixture over it, then cover it with the remaining cake batter ( I used a slightly bigger tray so I had to double everything!). Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. 





Leave in the Pan to cool, it may seem burnt on top but that's the Marshmallows that were in the mixture.

To make the icing, melt the Butter in the Milk. Stir in the Icing Sugar and Cocoa Powder. Spread the Icing over the Brownies and decorate with the Marshmallows.



Cut into whatever shape you fancy and serve, or in my case send off to work in a tin wondering how it will survive for.


 It's so simple, and easy to enjoy apparently! (I got to taste non!).

Bye

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment